To apply for the CIMB Regional Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of any ASEAN country.
- Have gained unconditional acceptance at a top graduate school to pursue a postgraduate degree programme in genetics or nutrition. The offer must remain valid when the CIMB Regional Scholarship is awarded.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree with minimum CGPA of 3.00/4.00 or equivalent (for Master’s Degree applicants), or a Master’s Degree with a good examiner’s report or equivalent (for Doctoral Degree applicants) that is relevant to the course or field applied.
- Not hold any other scholarships, awards or grants that come with any contractual obligation on your part.
Relevant work experience, where applicable, is an added advantage.
The CIMB Regional Scholarship is a full scholarship award covering all academic fees including registration, tuition and examination fees, a book allowance, as well as other expenses such as accommodation, airfare, travel documents and other related expenses.
The field of this scholarship :
DNA is the hereditary molecule that is found in all living cells. It is the simplest building block of life that is responsible for the observable diversity across and between all species. Ever since the double helix was discovered by Watson and Crick, research into genetics has increased exponentially. The implications of genetic research have been paramount to advances in many fields such as medicine and agriculture.
If your passion lies in the following areas, we would like to support you in the quest for another breakthrough in the area of genetic research.
- Ecological Genetics / Conservation Genetics
- Behavioural Genetics / Psychiatric Genetics
- Genetic Engineering
- Genetic Medicine / Clinical Genetics
In terms of nutritional science, studies on the responses of the human body to diet and nutrients are essential for the continued well-being of ASEAN communities. This is particularly important in combating malnutrition, obesity and other health issues. In addition, given the significance of agriculture to the region’s economy and food self-sufficiency, plant nutrition and animal nutrition in relation to livestock are also key areas of research.
If you are passionate about making a difference through the following areas of nutrition, we would like to bring you a step closer towards realising your dreams:
- Human Nutrition
- Animal Nutrition
- Plant Nutrition