The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) – Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst – supports a range of postgraduate courses at German universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from Developing Countries with further specialized studies. The DAAD supports these selected programs with a certain quota of scholarships and with financial assistance for a special tutoring system. At the end of the course (programs run 12 to 36 months, depending on the particular institution) participants can obtain an internationally recognized Master’s or in some courses PhD degree.
University teaching staff, researchers and professionals holding an academic degree and with at least two years of experience in the public or private institutions in the following areas:
- Economic Sciences / Business Administration/ Political Economics
- Development Co-operation
- Engineering and related sciences
- Regional Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Medicine/Public Health, and Veterinary Medicine
- Social Science, Education and Law
- Media Studies
Criteria for applying:
- Age limit: 36 years of age at the time of application (for some courses 32 years)
For some courses, Bachelor degree should have been completed not longer than 6 years at the time of application. Concerning this matter, please directly contact the coordinator of the respective study program
- Degree: Bachelor or Master
- GPA: min 2,75 for Master candidates (some study programs applied GPA more than 2,75. Please see the detail on the website of each study program) and 3,00 for Doctoral candidates
- Work experience: at least two years after completing Bachelor degree.
- Language skill:
- For postgraduate courses held in English request an international TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based) or IELTS (band 6). Some courses may expect a different level. For detailed information see the website of the relevant course.
- For postgraduate courses held in German: please see the details on the course list. Certain level of German language exam may be required before admission to the course.
Information and DAAD form are available from the:
DAAD Jakarta Office
Summitmas II, Lt. 14
Jl. Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 61-62
Consultation hours: Monday – Thursday, 1:30pm – 4:00pm
Contact person: Ms. Dwi Nurlianti/Ms. Muji Rahayu
Phone: (021) 520 0870 / 525 2807
Fax: (021) 525 2822